Provider Orientation and Training
Providers who are contracted with Health Partners Plans (HPP) must demonstrate that they are knowledgeable and trained on important topics annually. Participation in our quarterly provider orientation and training course satisfies this annual requirement. The course offers a detailed overview of HPP and gives valuable information to meet the needs of our members. Topics include:
- Claims information
- Member identification cards
- Lab and other benefit carriers
- Online tools like NaviNet
- Prior authorizations
Click here to register for a live provider orientation and training. In addition to the live webinar, there are two alternative methods for completing the required training:
- Request a face-to-face training by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the most recent training to review with your staff. Simply review the information, complete the attestation and click “submit” to complete the requirement. Please complete this training by Dec. 31, 2021; attestations will not be accepted after Dec. 31.
D-SNP Model of Care Training
Successful completion of this training module is mandatory for providers serving Health Partners Medicare Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) members. At least one member of a care team location is required to take the annual online training course and distribute the training material to all D-SNP care team members.
The D-SNP Model of Care training module helps your practice stay current on Medicare programs and resources while maintaining compliance with standards from agencies including the Department of Human Services, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
By completing this training you will:
- Understand the benefits and requirements of the Health Partners Medicare
- Receive an overview of the demographic and health profile of our membership.
- Learn about valuable resources to help meet beneficiaries’ needs.
Start the Model of Care training now. Simply review the information, complete the attestation and click “submit” to complete the requirement. For questions or more information, contact email@example.com.
CMS refers to our contracted partners as First-Tier, Downstream, and Related entities or FDRs. HPP is required to effectively manage and oversee its FDRs that assist in providing administrative and/or health care services for our Medicare members. Learn more.