COVID-19 Resources for Providers
Health Partners Plans (HPP) is committed to the health and wellbeing of all our members, providers and the communities we serve. HPP is closely monitoring the spread of the COVID-19 virus (coronavirus), and we’re frequently communicating with local and federal officials to learn the most up-to-date information.
This page is updated daily and includes resources and information to assist our provider network.
- March 16: Telehealth Services
- March 22: COVID-19 Updates
- March 24: Tri-Tech Announcement
- March 25: Maternity Blood Pressure Cuffs
- March 26: Shift Care
- March 27: Facility UM Appeals Change
- April 2: Electronic Claims Submission
- April 9: Authorization Process Changes
- April 17: Process Changes from HPP
- April 29: Medical Day Care Centers Update
- May 12: Authorization Process Update
HPP Policy Changes
HPP is waiving all member cost sharing for services related to testing, screening and diagnosis to treat for COVID-19.
HPP is waiving all prior authorization requirements for services related to testing, screening and diagnosis to treat for COVID-19.
Telehealth Services Policy
In order to make needed medical care accessible to our members, HPP is encouraging providers to make telehealth more widely available. HPP is lifting some of the requirements of our telehealth policy; all other criteria of the policy are in-force at this time.
Until further notice, the criteria of our policy have been temporarily modified as follows:
- Telehealth services, when appropriate, do not have to be completed via a video connection
- Monthly reporting is not required, as long as the provider is submitting a valid claim, with appropriate and valid coding, to HPP
- A member’s consent for telehealth services prior to the service being rendered is not required
If you are unable to assist members via telehealth services, we encourage you to recommend members contact Teladoc.
- Medicare Provider Enrollment Relief Frequently Asked Questions
- Current Emergencies
- General Provider Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kit
- Adult Elective Surgery and Procedures Recommendations
- Minimizing Face-to-Face Contact for Medication Delivery or Dispensing
- ESRD Provider Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kit
- CMS Clinician Letter
- Fact Sheet: Expansion of the Accelerated and Advance Payments Program for Providers and Suppliers During COVID-19 Emergency
Education & Webinars
Getting started with the Provider Relief Fund for Medicaid, CHIP, and dental providers
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), through the Provider Relief Fund (PRF), is distributing $15 billion to eligible Medicaid, CHIP, and dental providers. If you are a provider who is interested in learning about the application process for the PRF, please register and join the webcast on Monday, July 27. Please feel free to share the webcast information with other providers that would be interested in participating as well.
Date: Monday, July 27, 2020
Time: 3-4 p.m. ET
Registration Link: https://webex.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1348276&tp_key=fa54a9fb41
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- AMA quick guide to telemedicine in practice
- Finding the Right Words About COVID-19
- Quest-Walmart Pennsylvania Community Letter
Community & Food Resources
- City of Philadelphia: Where to find free, nutritious food during COVID-19
- Community Resource Connects: Find community services to support families, such as help with food, utilities, transportation and more.
- Connect4Health: Find food, health care, housing, and other services in and around Philadelphia