Special Needs Unit
The Special Needs Unit (SNU) provides case management for our members who may require extra assistance getting needed care for their illnesses, disabilities or other special needs.
We help members achieve and maintain the maximum benefit for their medical treatment plan, including conducting an assessment to identify potential treatment barriers and the coordination of referrals for community resources.
Referrals to the Unit are accepted from many sources including primary care physicians, specialists, community and hospital social workers, discharge planners and Health Partners Plans (HPP) members.
The Special Needs Unit staff assesses member needs and coordinates a variety of services and community programs, including:
- Assistance in selecting a PCP and/or other specialty care providers when required
- Assistance in scheduling appointments and transportation services
- Discharge planning from hospitals and skilled nursing facilities
- Coordination of follow-up care after a hospital stay or emergency room visit
- HIV/AIDS case management
- Referrals and application assistance for waiver programs
- Behavioral Health referrals
- Assistance with coordinating care for members with Limited English Proficiency, including finding qualified medical interpreters
For More Information
To contact the Special Needs Unit, call 866-500-4571 or 215-967-4690. Select prompt #2 for provider, then prompt #5 for SNU.