HIPAA Connect / EDI Claims
HIPAA Connect is your primary resource for information regarding Health Partners Plans Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Administrative Simplification implementation.
Visit this web page frequently for the latest HIPAA /EDI Claims updates and resources.
HIPAA Companion Guides
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), requires that all transactions and code sets be in HIPAA standard format (ASCX12N). To help your compliance efforts, the following guides are available:
- Health Plan Eligibility (270/271)
- Health Claim Status (276/277)
- Health Care Claims (837I & 837P)
- Electronic Remittance Advice (835)
- EDI: What is it?
- Electronic Claims Processing
- EDI FAQs
- EDI Fact Sheet
- EDI Billing Dos and Dont's
- EDI Inquiry Form
If you are not submitting your own claims, please forward the guide to your clearinghouse or whoever else is responsible for your transactions.
For questions about EDI
Please email our Claims Department (EDI) Support line at EDI@hpplans.com.
For more information
- HIPAA Project Manager (Privacy Contact): 215-991-4216
- Provider Services Helpline: 215-991-4350 or 1-888-991-9023