Oral Health Resources for Primary Care
Health Partners Plans (HPP) encourages participating PCPs to discuss the importance of oral health with their patients. Because tooth decay is among the most common health conditions of childhood, PCPs should talk with their patients and caregivers about daily dental health practices, including brushing, flossing and using a fluoride rinse.
Dentistry is important to HPP, which is why it’s included in our Quality Care Plus program. Contact your NAM for more information.
HPP has compiled information for providers on a variety of dentistry topics, including:
- Pediatric Oral Health Guidelines
- A Child's First Dental Visit
- Dental Pain
- Dental Sealants
- Diabetes and Oral Health
- Topical Fluoride Treatments
- Fluoride Supplements and Drinking Water
- Vaping and E-Cigarettes
- Pregnancy and Oral Health
- Oral Health Risk Factors for Children Developmental Disabilities
If you have any questions, please call our Provider Services Helpline at 1-888-991-9023 or contact your NAM (Network Account Manager).