HEDIS is a group of measures that allow health plans to measure how well they are doing taking care of their members. There are 90 HEDIS measures that look at many different areas of care received from a health care practitioner.
Some of the HEDIS measures are measures in HPP’s QCP program. A few of the HEDIS measures can manifest as care gaps for your patients.
Health Partners Plans is committed to offering resources to our provider network about HEDIS measures. These HEDIS Hints resources offer best practices, coding information and more details about key HEDIS measures.
All links open as PDFs.
- Weight Assessment and Counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children/Adolescents (WCC)
- Adults’ Access to Preventive/Ambulatory Health Services (AAP)
- Appropriate Testing for Pharyngitis (CWP)
- Statin Therapy for Patients With Diabetes (SPD) Measure
- Use of Spirometry Testing in the Assessment and Diagnosis of COPD (SPR)
- Care for Older Adults (COA)
- Colorectal Cancer Screening (COL)
- Perinatal Depression Screening (PDS)
- Breast Cancer Screening (BCS)
- Cervical Cancer Screening (CCS)
- Lead Screening in Children (LSC)
- Prenatal Screening for Smoking and Treatment Discussion During a Prenatal Visit (PSS)
- Appropriate Treatment for Upper Respiratory Infection (URI)