May 19, 2023
Reminder: Tobacco Cessation Program
Health Partners Plans (HPP) would like to remind providers that per MA Bulletin 99-18-10 titled “Enrollment of Tobacco Cessation Providers,” an individual or entity must be approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) as a Tobacco Cessation Program (TCP) in order to provide Tobacco Cessation Counseling (TCC) services.
This communication is to remind our in-network providers that any TCC services rendered to our members are subject to denial if a provider or entity is NOT an approved TCP.
Below are the steps to follow to enroll:
- Complete the DOH “Every Smoker, Every Time” online training and “Pre-Approved Tobacco Cessation Registry Application” and be subsequently approved by DOH as a Tobacco Cessation Provider (TCP).
- DOH’s training, application and contact information are located at: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/programs/tobacco/Pages/Registry.aspx
- DOH will send a fax to confirm that your application has been approved. They will also send a link to the DHS MA application for the PROMISe Number.
- You must then apply for a PROMISe Number* as a TCP.
- The DHS MA PROMISe Number application is located at: www.dhs.pa.gov/providers/Providers/Pages/PROMISe-Enrollment.aspx
*Please note that HPP will receive the PROMISe Number identifying an individual or entity as a TCP directly from DHS once all steps are complete.
HPP has developed a policy on the Tobacco Cessation Program (TCP). Please visit HPPlans.com/PolicyBulletins to review the policy (RB.027.A).
If you have questions, please consult DHS Bulletin 99-18-10 or contact our Provider Services Helpline at 1-888-991-9023 (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.).