May 3, 2023
Announcing a Well Child Incentive Program
Health Partners Plans (HPP) would like to make you aware of anopportunity to earn additional incentive dollars on well-child visits for patients ages 11-21 from July 1, 2023, through December 31, 2023.
Important Note: You MUST opt in no later than May 15, 2023, to participate in this incentive program. If you would like to participate, please reach out to your Provider Relations Representative or send an email to Provider Relations at ProviderRelations@hpplans.com.
Please review these important details about the incentive opportunity:
- Providers are eligible to earn a $50 incentive for completing a well-care visit for patients ages 11-21 once 15% of eligible visits are completed. HPP will provide you with an eligible patient list.
- Providers are eligible to earn an additional $25 incentive, in addition to the $50 incentive, for completing a well-care visit for eligible patients ages 11-21 once 25% of eligible visits are completed.
- Well-care visits must be completed between July 1, 2023, and December 31, 2023 AND submitted on a claim no later than January 31, 2024. Chart reviews will not qualify for this incentive.
- Results will be measured and incentive payments will be calculated at the TIN level. Incentive payments for each eligible well-care visit will be made via a separate, one-time electronic payment.
- Each qualifying TIN can expect to receive payment by February 28, 2024.
Here are some tips to maximize this incentive opportunity:
- Consider blocking appointment slots specifically for well visits.
- If a patient comes in for a sick visit or a sports physical and is on the eligible patient list, try to complete all services of a well-care visit in addition to the other components of the visit.
- Consider telehealth well visits if age appropriate.
- If an eligible patient comes into the office as a walk-in, complete the well-care visit, if possible.
- Leverage HPP’s member incentive programs to encourage patients to come in for a well-care visit. Adolescent patients who complete well-care visits are eligible for rewards. Visit HPPlans.com/rewards for more details, including the QCP impact.
- Review all open care gaps for the patient and attempt to close them.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to your Provider Relations Representative or contact our Provider Services Helpline at 1-888-991-9023 (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.). Thank you for your support in providing the highest quality of care to our members.