Fraud and Abuse Information & Hotline
Health Partners Plans’ Special Investigations Unit (SIU)
Health Partners Plans prohibits all illegal or unethical conduct by members, employees and providers. Our Special Investigations Unit (SIU) works with other departments at Health Partners Plans to detect, stop and prevent this type of inappropriate activity. Investigative findings are forwarded to Health Partners Plans’ Legal Affairs department for appropriate action.
Here are some examples of illegal or unethical conduct:
- Members selling membership cards or ID numbers
- Members selling medications obtained through the program
- Members obtaining services or equipment not medically necessary for their conditions
- Employees selling Health Partners Plans information
- Employees accepting money or gifts in exchange for manipulating some part of Health Partners Plans’ system
- Providers up-coding claims or submitting claims for services not provided
- Providers providing false statement to obtain credentials (MediCheck)
- Pharmacist paying provider kickbacks for referrals
- Provider paying members incentive for patronage
How to report fraud and abuse
If you see or suspect any illegal or unethical activity being committed by a Health Partners Plans member, employee or provider, call the SIU Hotline at 1-866-HP-SIU-4U (1-866-477-4848).
All calls are confidential and may be made anonymously.