Safelink Phone Program
Through a partnership with Safelink Wireless, Health Partners (Medicaid) members may be able to get a smartphone with texting, data and minutes each month at no cost.
Participating in the program makes staying on top of your health easier. You’ll have access to important health resources and be able to keep in touch with your doctors, family and friends. There won’t be any bills to pay or surprises with this wireless plan.
The Safelink Wireless plan includes:
- A smartphone, free SIM card, 4.5GB of data and 350 monthly minutes
- Unlimited text messages
- Voicemail, caller ID and 3-way calling
- 911 access
- 411 directory assistance at no additional cost
- Nationwide coverage
Once enrolled, to keep these benefits you must make at least one phone call or send one text message each month. If you already have a smartphone, you can still enjoy the features of this plan through the Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program.*
How to Apply
- Call Member Relations at 1-800-553-0784 (TTY 1-877-454-8477) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We’ll answer your questions and connect you to Safelink to begin the easy application process.
- Call Safelink at 1-877-631-2550 to apply over the phone.
- Visit www.safelink.com to apply online.
Affordable Connectivity Program
In addition to the benefits listed above, you may also quality for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). You must call to “opt in” to this government program and you can receive:
- Unlimited talk and text
- 25GB of data
- 5GB of hotspot
To learn more or to see if you qualify for this federal program, visit SafeLink Wireless.
*You can keep your own smartphone or hotspot and still enjoy the features of this program. Your Hotspot or bring your own phone (BYOP) service can only be activated where service is available, offered and supported by SafeLink. Services are provided at SafeLink's discretion. Compatible device required. Unused balance will not carry over from month to month. A month equals 30 days from the day the service is added to your phone.