Frequently Asked Questions
Getting Healthcare Services
- What is a Primary Care Provider? How do I get one?
- How do I see a specialist? How do I get a second opinion?
- How do I get other health services beyond my Primary Care Provider?
- How do I use my pharmacy benefit?
- What services require me to make a copayment?
- How am I covered if I’m away from Health Partners’ service area?
How the Plan Helps Improve Your Health
- What is Health Partners’ Quality Management program?
- How can our care managers help members who are pregnant, or have ongoing health concerns like asthma and diabetes?
- How do our case management services help members with complex illnesses?
- How can Health Partners help members who need translation services?
More Information about Health Partners
- Where can I find out about covered and non-covered services?
- How does Health Partners decide to cover new healthcare services?
- Are Health Partners providers ever rewarded for limiting my care?
- How does Health Partners compare with other HealthChoices plans? How satisfied are its members?
- How does Health Partners protect my privacy?
- What can I do if I disagree or have questions about a coverage decision that Health Partners makes?
How to contact Member Relations
Call our 24-hour Member Relations department at 1-800-553-0784 (TTY 1-877-454-8477). to answer any questions you may have about benefits and services and how to use your health plan.
Have You Moved?
If you’ve moved or changed your phone number recently, it’s important to let the Department of Human Services (DHS) know. Health Partners depends on DHS to keep your address and phone number current, and DHS depends on you. You can make changes at your County Assistance Office or simply call 215-560-7226 (1-877-395-8930 outside Philadelphia).