Special Needs Unit
The Special Needs Unit (SNU) helps members get the healthcare services they need. The Unit can help arrange follow-up care after a hospital stay. It can help you set up outpatient care and community-based social services.
An important link between you and your healthcare providers
SNU Care Coordinators provide an important link with your doctors, durable medical equipment companies, home care agencies, community-based social service agencies and advocacy groups.
Care Coordinators review your needs with you, find available help, and link you to a variety of services and community programs, including:
- Follow-up care after a hospital stay or emergency room visit
- Services to help you apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- HIV/AIDS case management
- Programs to provide early help for children with physical health needs or developmental delays
- Behavioral health services
- Dental care
- Social service agency and other special programs not covered by Medicaid
The Special Needs Unit can help you:
- Reach your doctor to make an appointment
- Find providers to meet your needs
- Get connected to the Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP) in your county
- Help your provider to have interpreter services for you when English is your second language
- Contact your PCP, specialist or other provider about your special healthcare needs.
For more information
To get help, you can call the Special Needs Unit anytime at 215-967-4690 or toll free at 1-866-500-4571 (TTY 711).