COVID-19 Resources for Members
Health Partners Plans (HPP) is committed to the health and wellbeing of all our members, providers and the communities we serve. HPP is closely monitoring the spread of the COVID-19 virus (coronavirus), and we’re frequently communicating with local, state and federal officials to learn the most up-to-date information.
This page includes resources to assist you, including links to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local health departments, and prescription drug refills and more.
Learn more about COVID and the vaccines developed to slow the spread of COVID.
Symptoms of COVID-19
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms.
Possible symptoms include (but not limited to):
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
COVID-19 Testing: What You Need to Know
When to Get Tested
- If you have symptoms, test immediately.
- If you were exposed to COVID-19 and do not have symptoms, wait at least 5 full days after your exposure before testing. If you test too early, you may be more likely to get an inaccurate result.
- If you are in certain high-risk settings, you may need to test as part of a screening testing program.
- Consider testing before contact with someone at high risk for severe COVID-19, especially if you are in an area with a medium or high COVID-19 Community Level.
Types of Tests
- PCR-based tests, which are most often performed in a laboratory
- Antigen tests, which is a rapid test which produce results in 15-30 minutes
Visit https://testinglocator.cdc.gov/Search to find a test site near you.
Where can a I get an at-home COVID test?
Members can get an at-home COVID test from participating pharmacies. Please show your HPP member ID card at the pharmacy counter when purchasing at-home test kits. Please use the provider directory to find a participating pharmacy.
Members can also order 4 free at home COVID-19 tests being offered by the federal government. The limit is one order per household from www.covidtests.gov. or call 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489)
Online purchases of test kits, such as from Amazon and other online retailers, are NOT covered by HPP.
Vaccines for COVID-19
COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective and free.
Four COVID-19 vaccines are approved or authorized in the United States:
- Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J/Janssen) (CDC recommends that the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine only be considered in certain situations, due to safety concerns.)
You are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines when you have completed a COVID-19 vaccine primary series and got the most recent booster dose recommended for you.
COVID-19 vaccine recommendations are based on three things:
- Your age
- The vaccine you first received
- The length of time since your last dose
- Staying Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines
- Improving Ventilation
- Getting Tested for COVID-19 If Needed
- Following Recommendations for What to Do If You Have Been Exposed
- Staying Home If You Have Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- Seeking Treatment If You Have COVID-19 and Are at High Risk of Getting Very Sick
- Avoiding Contact with People Who Have Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
If you have any questions, please contact Member Relations at:
- Health Partners (Medicaid): 1-800-553-0784
- KidzPartners (CHIP): 1-888-888-1211
- Health Partners Medicare: 1-866-901-8000
- TTY: 1-877-454-8477
Check our social media channels for more information: