HPP’s interoperability application programming interfaces (APIs) allow all HPP members or their personal representatives to share their data with third-party applications. The APIs also allow third-party application owners to connect public data, including provider directories and formularies.
HPP SMART on FHIR App Developer Portal
The HPP SMART on FHIR App Developer Portal provides third-party app developers with access to documentation, registration services, developer sandbox services, and other developer services related to APIs provided by HPP, pursuant to CMS’s Interoperability and Patient Access Final Rule (CMS-9115-F).
Our API functionality
The Patient Access API will allow developers to retrieve, with the approval and at the direction of an HPP member or the member’s personal representative, certain data concerning adjudicated claims, encounter data from providers, formulary data, and certain clinical data (if HPP maintains any such data).
The Provider Directory API will allow developers to retrieve, as applicable, certain HPP provider and pharmacy directory information.
HPP’s interoperability APIs provide the following functionalities:
- Enables developers to register their company and its member-facing applications
- Enables members or their personal representatives to shop for mobile and web applications that can utilize healthcare data sourced from the member’s Medicaid, Medicare and CHIP plans.
- Enables members or their personal representatives to provide consent for an application to access their data
- Uses the HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) standard for member data
- Uses the OAuth 2.0/Open ID Connect standard for member authentication and authorization
- Uses the HL7 FHIR standard for sharing public non-member specific data