Attend Weight Watchers® for Just $2 a Meeting
Feeling great about yourself starts from within. Being overweight can make you unhappy and cause health problems, including high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease.
We want to help you lead a healthier lifestyle. That’s why we offer Health Partners Plans members the opportunity to attend Weight Watchers meetings.
How to qualify:
- You must be at least five pounds overweight to join Weight Watchers.
- You must also be a member of one of our health plans when you start the program and throughout the benefit period.
- Weight Watchers requires a doctor’s note with a goal weight for children ages 13-17. The program is not open to children under age 13.
How it works:
- Call Member Relations at 1-888-HPP-9800. TTY users call 711. We will pay your membership fee to Weight Watchers and send you 10 coupons to attend weekly Weight Watchers meetings for only a $2 copay.
- Take coupon #1 to the Weight Watchers meeting location of your choice, show your Health Partners Plans member card, and pay your $2 copay. That’s all there is to it.
- Every week after that, go to the same meeting location, present the proper coupon and pay your copay. (You must also present your coupon and pay $2 for any weeks you missed.)
- To continue to qualify for the benefit, you must lose at least one pound a month. As long as you do, we will continue to send you more coupons for each new 10-week benefit period, provided you check "Yes" on coupon #8 to tell us you want to continue, and we will send you coupons for the next 10-week benefit period.
Keep in mind:
- We recommend talking with your doctor before beginning any weight loss program.
- In addition to meeting our program requirements, you must follow all Weight Watchers rules to continue your Weight Watchers membership.
- If your enrollment in our plan ends, your benefit will stop at the end of the benefit period. If you do not meet this weight loss requirement, you will need to wait out one ten week period before you can re-enter the program.
To find meeting locations:
- Call Weight Watchers of Philadelphia toll-free at 1-800-456-6363.
- You can also find meetings at www.wwphl.com; however, this benefit does not cover online meetings.
For more information
- Call 1-888-HPP-9800
- TTY users, call 711