Skip navigation

Sub-navHow do I see a specialist or get a second opinion?

Health Partners

How to see a specialist

Your primary care provider (PCP) may feel that you have a medical concern that needs to be treated by a doctor who has special training. If so, your PCP can help you find a specialist who can best treat your health condition. You can also use our Find a Doctor or Provider tool to find a specialist. 

Any care you receive from a specialist is covered. You do not need a referral to see a specialist.

If you need a printed list of participating specialists, contact Member Relations at 1-800-553-0784 (TTY 1-877-454-8477).

How do I get a second opinion?

You may get a second opinion by asking your PCP to send you to another participating specialist. Health Partners covers the cost of the visit. Before going to another specialist for a second opinion, always check with your PCP.