EDI: What is it?
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the sending and receiving of information using computer technology. Any standard business document that one company would exchange with another; such as a purchase order, invoice, shipping schedule, inventory inquiry, and claim submission; can be exchanged via EDI between the two parties, or trading partners.
The Benefits of EDI
- Reduced administrative costs
- Higher claim acceptance rates
- Data moves faster and with greater accuracy
- Increased productivity
- Audit trail of claims submissions
- Elimination of paper documents
- Elimination of labor-intensive tasks, such as data entry
- Greater accuracy of information
For more information regarding EDI and electronic billing requirements, click on the following links:
If you are not submitting your own claims, please forward the guide to your clearinghouse or whoever else is responsible for your transactions.
For more information
- HIPAA Project Manager (Privacy Contact): 215-991-4216
- Provider Services Helpline: 1-888-991-9023