Don't Risk a Loss in Your Child's CHIP Coverage
Your Action is Needed!
The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) will return to normal renewal processing procedures for Pennsylvanians enrolled in CHIP and Medicaid. All CHIP and Medicaid recipients will need to complete an annual renewal to see if they are still eligible for coverage.
What you need to do to make sure you receive your renewal application in the mail:
- Make sure your contact information is up to date. If your address has changed, please notify your local county assistance office (CAO), or use the myCOMPASS PA mobile app, or visit PA’s COMPASS website at dhs.pa.gov/Compass to update your contact information.
- Check your mail. Your renewal packet will be coming in the mail.
- Complete and return your renewal by the due date printed in the renewal packet. There are four ways you can complete and submit your renewal:
- By mail — Complete and return the forms by mailing them back in the provided envelope
- Online — Complete your renewal online in COMPASS
- Telephone — Call 1-866-550-4355 to complete your renewal over the phone
- In-Person — Complete and submit your renewal in person at any local county assistance office (CAO)
Keeping up with your benefits is as easy as:
- Visit dhs.pa.gov/COMPASS to manage benefits online.
- Download the MyCOMPASS PA mobile app from your app store to manage benefits from your phone.
- Receive updates and alerts from DHS via text message. Go to dhs.pa.gov/Text to learn more.