May 20, 2019
Tips for Boosting CAHPS Scores... and How It Can Help Your Practice
"Getting needed care" and "getting care quickly" are important components of the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) survey—a member survey that occurs annually from March through June.
Some of your Health Partners Plans (HPP) patients might receive a survey and results are an overall indicator of patients’ satisfaction with their experience at your practice. Not to mention, high performance is rewarded as part of the Quality Care Plus (QCP) program, if you participate, where you can earn $1 per member per month for performing well or be financially penalized for performing poorly.
Consider these tips to help you patients and your practice:
- Practice empathy to improve customer service
- Create a welcoming environment
- Include a personal touch
- Know the standards
- Practice cultural sensitivity
- Don't shy away from taboo topics
- Implement a patient and family advisory council
- Review patient satisfaction survey data
- Conduct physician peer coaching
- Huddle up
For more information, download our tip sheet, contact your Network Account Manager (NAM) or call the Provider Services Helpline at 1-888-991-9023 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.).