October 29, 2015
Health Partners Plans Honored by Philadelphia City Council for 30 Years of Service
Philadelphia, PA — In recognition of three decades of providing high-quality care to its members and the communities in which they live, on Thursday, October 29, Philadelphia City Council presented Health Partners Plans (HPP) with a special proclamation, highlighting its many achievements that include:
- An established reputation as a nationally recognized leader in managed care with one of the highest rated Medicaid plans in Pennsylvania and one of the fastest growing Medicare plans in the region
- Developing innovative initiatives to provide medically appropriate meals to its most vulnerable members through a partnership with MANNA
- An unequalled dedication to improving the health outcomes of its members throughout their lifespan through its CHIP, Medicaid and Medicare health plans
- Having consistently high ratings for member and provider satisfaction
- An unwavering commitment to building healthier communities through creative and original programs, education and outreach.
The not-for-profit health maintenance organization was born from humble beginnings in a single office inside the Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1985. Its goal was to help meet the growing health care needs of Medical Assistance recipients in Philadelphia. In 1987, just two years after opening its doors, its membership climbed to 10,000. Today, HPP calls 9th and Market its home and serves more than 247,000 members throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania.
“We believe our growth and success is due to our established track record and reputation for caring for our members above all else,” says President and CEO William S. George. “As one of the few hospital-owned healthcare companies in the nation, we are uniquely designed to be member-focused and to serve communities that need us most. We’re very proud of that.”
ABOUT HEALTH PARTNERS PLANS:
Nationally recognized for its innovations in managed care, Health Partners Plans consistently receives high ratings for member and provider satisfaction and is one of the highest rated Medicaid plans in Pennsylvania according to National Committee for Quality Assurance’s (NCQA) Medicaid Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2015-2016. Health Partners Plans is a not-for-profit managed health care organization serving more than 247,000 members in the Greater Philadelphia region. It provides a broad range of health coverage options through Health Partners Medicare, Health Partners (Medicaid) and its KidzPartners (Children's Health Insurance Program) plan. Founded 30 years ago, Health Partners Plans is one of the few hospital-owned health plans in the country. Learn more about how Health Partners Plans is “doing it right” at HealthPartnersPlans.com, twitter.com/HPPlans and facebook.com/healthpartnersplans.
Monet T. Irving
Manager, Corporate Communications